Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fatal Error
Looks like a problem of MyStore with including some files, I am not sure I can help you with that.
Forum Admin
The weird thing is the MyStore works fine up until that point. The error only occurs when I attempt to include one of the groups, say group 11, in the access for the chat, and that group is also included as an item in the store.

It's like the chat and the MyStore are trying to interact and I don't know why........

Plus the support at MyBB Source seems to be somewhat lacking.......
Does the chat index.php include the shop somehow?
Forum Admin
Not that I am aware of, this is the chat index file:

You are not allowed to see php code.
As you can see at the start, one of the groups (11) that is allowed access, is also one of the groups that I enabled users to buy into.

The MyStore uses the MyPS system. This particular option sets it up so when a user pays 100 points it changes their usergroup from their current one, to the usergroup 11 which enables access to the chat.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
Sorry, I have no idea what's going wrong then, the only thing I can think of is that there might be trouble with the chat being in a subfolder while mystore.php thinks it is in the main folder.
You could try to change the location of the chat to the main MyBB folder (do not overwrite index.php of MyBB!!!).

Please try to contact the author of the MyStore system.
Forum Admin
Hey,

I actually just managed to fix this error.

I upgraded to the latest version of the chat, and then in the mystore.php, on the line that was causing the issue I changed the "require" to "include" and it worked! Smile

However I do have another issue now that I am trying to fix with it, purely the chat now.

It seems the latest upgrade changes things round in regards to logging into the chat. I have changed things in the index file to members are suppose to log in straight away with their MyBB username, however it is not working.

This is the current index file I am using:

It seems to be something with the code under the "do not edit" line. Any ideas?
Lol, usually require and include should do exactly the same thing... really strange Wink

The recent chat version 3.0.6 requires the index.php file, you may not replace it but instead use another file to give your members access.
A lot of stuff changed since the last version and the old tutorial might not fit anymore.
Forum Admin
Ok, so I have managed to figure out how to do it via another file as you said.

However what I don't like is that if the members figure out to manually type in ...../index.php or press back on their browsers, it enables them to go to the normal login page, and thus login under a different name.

I don't suppose you know a way to restrict access to that file, maybe redirect to the other file that logs them in with the MyBB software?

My host suggested putting this code in somewhere:

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC \"-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN\">
<html>
<head>
<title>Logging into Chat</title>
<meta http-equiv=\"refresh\"
content=\"0;url=http://www.vampirecounts.net/testsite/chat/et_chat_v306/forum.php\"></head>
<body>
Logging into chat....
</body>
</html>

But with this version using classes, its difficult to figure out where to put it. I figure it must be somewhere in the index.class.php which appears to be the login page generator:

You could eighter put that into the template files the chat uses or put up a .htaccess file.
Forum Admin
Register (for free) to hide the ads.