Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PM on No replies
On my board I have a policy for moderators that they should try and ensure that every post in their area gets a least one reply. It encourages posting and makes sure members are not put off. I would imagine this policy is used on other boards as well.

However myself and my team are only humans, and things can be missed.

I was thinking a good plugin would be one that sends the moderator for that area a PM if a thread has had no replies after a time period that can be specified in the admin CP (24 hours sounds good to me).

On the event that after that PM thread still doesn’t get replied to in another time frame that can be customised, there should be the option to notify the admin or whichever use you choose.

For admins, perhaps they can specify certain areas they would like to notified about straight away, maybe an area that doesn’t have a moderator?
Sounds quite complicated once again but doable.

Just got a quick question, wouldn't a list of these threads at index be more efficient then PMs? If a mod does not visit a week he will have his PM system loaded with PMs (which is blowing up database too) and also PMs won't be deleted if a reply has been made.

A dynamic list could be better I think but I will wait to hear your opinion about it Smile
Forum Admin
Hmm, perhaps an alternative would be a custom search option? Like see new posts made in the last day etc, a specific search that lists all threads made in a time period (which can be set in the Admin CP) that do not yet have a reply?
Would probably be the easiest solution.
Would that fit your needs?
Forum Admin
Yes I think it would actually. As long as I can easily identify any threads that haven't been answered it would be great Smile
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
Take a look here:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-1248.html

Should fit your needs Smile
Forum Admin