Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Raising subscription fees
Hello fellow MybbAddons.com members,
I decided to raise the subscription fees in the next week.

Everybody who did purchase a subscription or does purchase a subscription before next week will still pay the old price of course, no additional fees required.

I know that some of you will hate me now but I'd like to tell you the reasons for this step:
- we are getting a lot more traffic over here at the moment so we are no longer fitting in my hosting package with other domains, I moved some of them on a different server to not slow down MybbAddons.com or others.
- we are one of the largest places where you can get quality stuff for MyBB. We do currently offer more then 40 plugins, 20 themes and 20 mycodes + template edits and tutorials for subscribers and a huge load of stuff for free too.
- I am spending a lot of time here and will have to spend even more with upcoming MyBB 1.6 to ensure compatibility (partly remaking complete plugins because of templae/hook changes)
- I will start studying in fall and will have to travel 600 kilometres each week, also have to pay my new home and so on, I need money definately. I have the choice between selling/dropping MybbAddons.com to have more time for a different job or making more income with this site
- current price is too low compared to my prices to custom plugins and work (I do currently work for 8-100 € / hour), it would be unfair for private clients

That's it. Your opinions on this step are welcome of course Smile

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Hi Lennart,

Well I have read the above and thought carefully about it. You provide top quality work with excellent support. Normally you get back to a problem the next day like the abbreviations plugin. You actually take the time to look at an idea, and see whether it is feasible, rather than dismissing it like some of the other sites. Even when you don’t think it is a good idea you say so in a polite way/ and or offer an alternative. Again some authors I have spoken to are quite rude, just saying “No” with no reason why.

Finally you also provide good support and advice when it comes to issues.

So all in all I think you have very good justification for raising prices, and I certainly would not want you to drop this site. I have just noted however it does not say how much the increase will be?

Cheers

DoN
Thank you for your opinion DoN,
I am not sure about the increase yet. I will have to find a good ammount that fits my needs, is fair to other clients and still payable for everybody. It certainly won't be too much... will announce the new price soon.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
I have left mybb for ipb but if I come back to mybb I will take a subscription for sure as Lennart Sauter has been very helpful.

I think 15-20 euros will be a fair price for a subscription.
15-20 is too high I think, I will definately go for a lower price Smile

Thank you for your kind words!
Forum Admin
please not more than 10 euros Wink
in my country that around 12 dollars
and another plugins/mod cost around 5 dollar only
I decided to set it to 9 €. We will raise the fees next week, until then we will stay with 6 €.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Raised the fee now.

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
(05-21-2010, 01:03 AM)FBI Wrote: please not more than 10 euros Wink
in my country that around 12 dollars
and another plugins/mod cost around 5 dollar only

co-sign.