Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Theft
The recent release of the facebook connect plugin brought up some people who want that plugin but do not want / are not able to buy a subscription here.

They tried to contact me to get it for free and they contacted subscribers of this forum to send them the plugins for free / smaller fees.

I'd like to remind you that giving away or sharing my plugins is theft and forbidden by license. If I find a site that does use any of my paid plugins without having a subscription here I'll send a C&D to the host and contact my lawyer.

9€ are really not much for weeks and months of work I invested into this site and the plugins. If I do work for customers and doing individual work I do ask between 8€ and 40€ / hour.
What you get here is mainly a gift to the Mybb community. vBulletin and IPB do charge a lot of money for features that you get with MyBB for free or at the plugin sites for little money.

I do ask everybody to support this site and purchase a subscription and not share or give away my plugins. And I warn everybody who does not follow the license terms - I'll find you and then 9€ will not be enough for my lawyer.

Best regards and thanks to everybody who does honestly support this site with his subscription
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
A tough stance but a fair one. I have always been a supporter of your work Lennart (though I will keep pestering until Abbreviations 1.6 is fixed Smile ), and I for one would not give your work out.
I totally agree with this! 9 euro is nothing for the plugins you get. I build websites for a living and people don't realize how much time and effort it takes to build this kind of stuff.

Everybody that want this plugins, please purchase a subscription. It is worth it!!!

Cheers,

Edwin

(10-18-2010, 02:40 AM)Lennart Wrote: The recent release of the facebook connect plugin brought up some people who want that plugin but do not want / are not able to buy a subscription here.

They tried to contact me to get it for free and they contacted subscribers of this forum to send them the plugins for free / smaller fees.

I'd like to remind you that giving away or sharing my plugins is theft and forbidden by license. If I find a site that does use any of my paid plugins without having a subscription here I'll send a C&D to the host and contact my lawyer.

9€ are really not much for weeks and months of work I invested into this site and the plugins. If I do work for customers and doing individual work I do ask between 8€ and 40€ / hour.
What you get here is mainly a gift to the Mybb community. vBulletin and IPB do charge a lot of money for features that you get with MyBB for free or at the plugin sites for little money.

I do ask everybody to support this site and purchase a subscription and not share or give away my plugins. And I warn everybody who does not follow the license terms - I'll find you and then 9€ will not be enough for my lawyer.

Best regards and thanks to everybody who does honestly support this site with his subscription
Lennart Sauter
That's right it's also not fair that those fuckers get plugins for free and we pay. Burn them! Burn them all!!!
Yeah! 9€ = $11.15 (AUD), and i still got one...somehow.

I say those who can't afford it should get a job, or start learning PHP scripting.