Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Theme modification request...
Hi!

I need theme like the one shown here:

http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-464.html

However, I run a website called the Deep Purple Hub, so I need everything in red to show in a rich, glossy purple instead. Can anybody help me with this request?

Thanks!

Brent
I don't have the theme and it seems that it's no longer available sadly.
Maybe somebody else can help you - or you could maybe take a different theme...
Forum Admin
(08-16-2009, 09:01 PM)Lennart Wrote: I don't have the theme and it seems that it's no longer available sadly.
Maybe somebody else can help you - or you could maybe take a different theme...

I was actually wanting to see if someone can create a similar theme, only using a rich, glossy purple instead of red. Are there any other themes or templates I may have missed that have that electric purple look?

Thanks

B
Not yet but I could create on for you Smile

I'll put it on my ToDoList if that'd be okay for you.

I'll do it for free for you if I can resell the theme because you are a subscriber, if you do need it exclusively I'll have to charge more.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
(08-17-2009, 08:53 AM)Lennart Wrote: Not yet but I could create on for you Smile

I'll put it on my ToDoList if that'd be okay for you.

I'll do it for free for you if I can resell the theme because you are a subscriber, if you do need it exclusively I'll have to charge more.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

Lennart, that would be AWESOME!!! You are welcome to resell the theme... it doesn't need to be exclusive. I have a logo (both as a jpg and as an animated swf file) that I would like to incorporate, but I'm guessing that can be done after the theme has been created.

Forgive me, but I'm just learning to use this MyBB software, so I'm not terribly familiar with adding graphics, space for advertising banners, and all that stuff.

Again... THANK YOU, Lennart! Big Grin

Brent
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
It'd be great if you could hand me the logo so I would have some orientation on what you'd like to see as the theme.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
No problem! I'm going to try to attach them. One is the static 2-D image (gif) and the other is the 3-D animated logo (swf... although it spins in the wrong direction!).

PS... it seems I've misplaced the swf, so attached is the gif. I'll post the swf file as soon as I locate it.

Thanks for your help, Lennart. You are a SAINT! Angel

Brent

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Okay, I made the first steps.

This is a early WIP screenshot, don't worry about the blue links in the footer and other misplacements, I'll fix them soon.

I'd just like to hear your opinion if this is what you would like to have or if you'd like to get something totally different and I just didn't get it Wink

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Forum Admin
(08-19-2009, 07:57 AM)Lennart Wrote: Okay, I made the first steps.

This is a early WIP screenshot, don't worry about the blue links in the footer and other misplacements, I'll fix them soon.

I'd just like to hear your opinion if this is what you would like to have or if you'd like to get something totally different and I just didn't get it Wink

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

Hi, Lennart!

It looks pretty sweet! I have a couple of comments and questions, though. First, is it easy to modify the location and size of the logo? I'd like to drop it into Photoshop and run some sort of bevel and emboss effect on it to get a bit of a three dimensional feel. Also, is it not possible to use the animated 3-D logo? As it is, I would scale down the logo by 25 - 30% and lift it up just a bit.

Is the color of the text in the category bars changeable from the admin cp? I'd like to see what the category titles look like in gold.

The only other comment is that I'd make it a little more "tech"/"scifi" looking, but not so much that it distracts or overwhelms.

But yeah, this is looking REALLY sweet! Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

Again, I want to thank you so very much for taking your time to work on this for me. I really do appreciate your efforts.

Cheers!

Brent
Hello Brent,
the logo is completely up to you, I'll not release the theme with your logo (will make a dummy logo for it as usually everybody uses his very own logo). You can replace it with whatever you'd like to have as a logo.

Golden category doesn't look too bad, here is another preview for you (preview screens are lower quality then real by the way):

You can basically change all themes in your Admin CP - you only have to modify the CSS there Smile

Hmm, more "tech"/"scifi"... any further ideas, example images or anything?
I can't really imagine it, sorry Undecided

Glad you like the basics, I'll now work on the custom images and so on.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Register (for free) to hide the ads.