You must be a subscriber to download! Subscribe now

Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Wordpress Connect

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

.png   LoggedIn MyBB.png (Size: 15.38 KB / Downloads: 2.353)
.png   LoggedIn WP.png (Size: 1.8 KB / Downloads: 2.330)
.php   wordpressconnect.php (Size: 12.1 KB / Downloads: 350)
Forum Admin
I installed this plugin on my board and it does work.
But I found some issues.
- Sometimes on logging out it gives a page with a lot of strange characters. Pressing F5 helps you getting forward but I think this page should not be displayed.
- The plugin also creates a user when a login failes, it does this also when a username is mistyped. This leads to fake users in the wordpress db.
- E-mail address is not being transfered to the WP user.
Also if you follow the link for requesting a new password, you'll get the page with all the characters.
Like here:
[Image: pqTwPLb.png]
After pressing F5, it loads the page and says:

[Image: AahJp2a.png]

But it does sent an e-mail with a new password.
Thanks to fonta, two bugs have been fixed and this plugin was updated to version 1.1.
Please update your plugin as soon as possible as this might cause issues. Admins may consider to remove the new users from wordpress to readd them with logins now.

The MyBB login_end hook did always run. Not only if a member was successfully logged in (as it does for registration). An additional if-clause was embedded to fix that and the issue will be reported to the MyBB group.

If login was only possible with username but not with email, email was not transferred to wordpress. Fixed now too.

Is there anybody else who does randomly get strange character pages? I can not reproduce this on our client forums (slightly different plugin though) and my testing forums.
Forum Admin
I uploaded the new .php file and tested it.
It doesn't create the non existent account anymore Big Grin
But, unfortunatly the plugin still doesn't copy the mail addresses Sad
We have our login configured to allow logging in with e-mail and username.

EDIT:
Registration of the e-mail address in Wordpress DOES work when a new account is created.
Hmmm, If I check the checkbox to stay logged in, even after browser closing, MyBB stays logged in, but Wordpress does log out.

Must say, I haven't seen the characters page in a while.
Thank you for your bug report. The email is now taken by login too (array error) and the remember me function has been added to the wordpress login. Upgrading to version 1.2 is recommended for all subscribers.
Forum Admin
Thanks for the update! Looks like everything is working now.
Even the screen with all the charactes hasn't been seen in a while.
Will report back with more bugs if I find them Wink
There is theme syncronisation?
(11-15-2014, 12:28 AM)PreCal24 Wrote: There is theme syncronisation?

No, this is a user synchronisation. For a theme synchronistaion take a look at [Image: external.png]this plugin.
Forum Admin