Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum characters in posts problem.
How can enable this only for a few forums and for the whole board? Where is the file that has that part of the code? Danke
I don't think that's possible at the moment.
Forum Admin
Can't it be done with some edit to the core files? Where is that part defined, in which file?
It should be in newreply.php
Forum Admin
(11-12-2009, 05:09 AM)Lennart Wrote: It should be in newreply.php

Danke. You have been very helpful like always. Can you please show me the exact code for that part? Sorry to be such a bother but you know that I am a noob Rolleyes
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
To be honest I have no idea at the moment. I'll look into it when I have some time but I'd advise you to search it yourself, try to find the setting for the min chars in the files Smile

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Whenever you have the time, thank you Smile
At mybb you say that you take the requests of the subscribers very seriously but it doesn't seem like that in my case.
I just have a real life myself.
I take requests very seriously and I try my best to fill all requests but at the moment I'm short on time.
This will get better arround christmas, some unfinished stuff will hopefully be released then and I'll also continue to work on the requests.

You can change Minimum Message Length (The minimum number of characters to post.) in your ACP -> Settings -> Posting -> First entry

If you want to do it for specific forums go to yourforum/inc/datahandlers/post.php

Search for:
You are not allowed to see php code.
After that add:
if(my_strlen($post['message']) < yourminlengthhere && ($post['fid'] == yourforumID1here OR $post['fid'] == yourforumID2here) && !is_moderator($post['fid'], "", post['uid']))
{
$this->set_error("message_too_short", array($mybb->settings['minmessagelength']));
return false;
}

Example for MinLength 200 and ForumIDs 3 and 76:
You are not allowed to see php code.
This code has not been tested and should not been used in a active forum, it's for demonstration and testing only.
I don't have the time to write a plugin or anything, I really need some sleep now, excuse me.

Hope this will work for you and please don't blame me - I take your requests seriously and I do whatever I can for all subscribers.

Sincerely
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Check out the new reply option.
It will fix it.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.