Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need help completing 2 mods
I am looking to make 2 mods to my forum. I am running 1.4.9, but will probably upgrade to 1.3.10 once I have a chance to look at the files and make sure I won't lose any of the other modificaitons I've made.

I am willing to pay a reasonable amount to finish these mods, and happy to share the coding with anyone else who wants the mods, once they are completed.

The first mod I'm trying to make is to add 1 additional page to the registration process. I have created a template and named it member_register_agreement1, and added it in member.php, but I cannot get the coding correct to make the registration process go from member_register_agreement_coppa to member_register_agreement to member_register_agreement1 to member_register. I think it has to do with the script thinking the statement is closed, but don't know how to fix.

The second mod I'm looking for is with the reputation system and is to show the post repped for into the reputation details page. I am using the multi rep plugin. I have added a pid column to the database in the reputation table, and edited the reputation_vote template to include the post id, and can successfully link to the post in the reputation details page, but, I cannot figure out how to make the pid post to the reputation table, or how to echo back the pid subject.

One other thing I'd like to do with the rep sysem is also partially done, but I'd like a little more functionality: I have modified the reputation.php to allow users to award rep points based on how much reputaion they have, sort of like vBuletin works. I.E. users now have reputaion and rep power. Rep power is 1/100 of their reputaion, and users can rep, positive or negative up to their rep power. I would like them to be able to only negative rep up another user by up to 1/2 of their rep power.

I probably have these 50% complete, but I am not an experienced programmer and can't finish them. If anyone can and wants to finish the mods please PM me.
If you'd post the problematic code here I could look into it.
Forum Admin
Hey Lennart, I got involoved in all kinds of other stuff and totally forgot all about this, sorry.

The code I want to modify is in the reputation.php file and shown below. What I'd really like to do is have the available reputations to add or remove set in increments of 2, with the positive power remiaing at 1/100 or total reputation and negative power being set to 1/200. Lastly, I would realy like the array to be centered on Zero, instead of defaulting to the top in the dropdown selcet.

The effected code is:
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.

I will also attach the entire reputation.php.

If you could help me with this I would greatly appreciate it.

Attached Files
.php   reputation.php (Size: 18.54 KB / Downloads: 0)
I am unsure what you are trying to do here but in a for-loop you usually add something to vars.
Your vars will be set at each looping, only $negative_power has an adding with using .=

You do set $vote_check as empty and lateron as an two-dimensional array - why?
Forum Admin
I didn't chane the vote_check. Thats the original myBB coding. What I'm trying to do is to make the array show reputations in increments of 2, and have the positive_power remain at 1/100 but change the negative_power to 1/200.

So the dropdown select menu would look like
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
I honestly don't get it, sorry... I feel stupid but I have no idea what you are trying to do Sad
Forum Admin
OK, no a problem.

I know part of what I'm trying to do can be done with an if/else statement, and the incrementation shouldn't be all that hard to figure out. I just thought that you might be able to provide the solution without having to give it any real thought.

I'l get it figured out, eventually. Smile
Okay, still no real idea but maybe if you try rounding you should look into ceil and floor too Smile
Forum Admin