Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Fake Community Stats
There is a light user available called (Set user online..... i do have issues with that.... im hoping will get solved on that one... but is it possible very much like the vb mod, to create a fake community mod for mybb.... where you can add extra guest counts swell as member counts... this will be useful to attract more people and the psychosis to become a member....

Thanks
Hello scarface, do you just want to raise the count displayed at the bottom of your forum?

If you want to have members with names there you should use the Set user online plugin, if there is a problem with this plugin just tell us and we will try our best to help you out.

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Hi Lennart

Guests
I would basically love to have a larger member display and a higher guest count. A plugin for a larger guest amount in footer would be appreciated... with a small control panel in config to choose the amount of guests to be shown.

Members
i have issues with the Set user online plugin i keep getting an error, but will not go into that too much here as i placed it in the plugin section of the this site with error message.
It is not easy to bu8ild a plugin for that because of the missing hooks but I have a simple solution for the guest count:

Open index.php with Editor/Notepad and find the following line:
Code:
You are not allowed to see code.

Now replace the 0 with the number of guests you'd like to have.

Save and upload.

A bit dirty because it's a hack that changes a corefile but it should work.

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Ok thanks boss i will try this......
Need professional support? PRinguin, the Digital-Agency. For web design and online marketing.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
Did it work?
Forum Admin
Sorry for late progress in replying, i did this before and works fine, the only time i use this is when the forum is quiet, but these days its busy so i don't use the guest count from index.php

Great job tho Lennart - thanks i would not recommend this, only when you start a new board........

Join mybb add ons today - http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/subscribe.php
Okay then, nice to see it working Smile
Forum Admin