Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Altering My Navigation Bar
If something fades in or does pop up you usually need javascript.

You can check a nice fading effect I made using jQuery (javascript library) at Zaiendo.de at the main navigation bar.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Hmm, I have no idea how to use javascript - is it hard to learn?
Not harder then any other language...

I think there are plenty of tutorials for JS-menus in the web so you might find what you are looking for very fast.
Forum Admin
Cheers I will have a look.

Also, if I wanted to change the new reply button or other similar buttons in a thread when the mouse hovered over it, would you know what template I needed to edit and what code?
Need professional support? PRinguin, the Digital-Agency. For web design and online marketing.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
Postbit template should do the job Smile
Forum Admin
The javascript code should be placed inside the "headerinclude" template Smile
If you need to alter the HTML of your buttons you should find them, depending on your theme, in the "header" template.
Forum Admin
Ok, so I found my headerinclude template, and thought I would do a test by seeing if I can change the send an email button to report button when hovering over.

So I put in this code:

You are not allowed to see php code.
Does that look about right? But it's still not working.......you mentioned about altering the HTML of the buttons in my header template. Looked in my header which contains:

You are not allowed to see php code.
Nothing to do with buttons that I can see Sad

What should I be doing next?

Oh and once this is figured out, I will write a tutorial on it, as I am sure others would like know how to do this.......
Watch our for <navigation>.

I have to confirm that I am not the best when it comes to Javascript but the script above looks kinda freaky, no idea what it shall do.

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
Need professional support? PRinguin, the Digital-Agency. For web design and online marketing.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.