You must be a subscriber to download! Subscribe now

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Drupal registration plugin
At the moment a lot of people think that we need to integrate MyBB more with other software, for example Drupal or Wordpress.
I'll do my best to integrate MyBB with plugins more into other software because it has been requested. But I'll take it step by step - today: Drupal user integration.
If you have more suggestions and ideas for integration feel free to request them in the request area, I'll look into it then.

Name: Drupal registration plugin
Description: If a new member registers at MyBB he will automatically be registered in your Drupal CMS too. You can choose wether you want to have all new users blocked and activate them manually or activate them at registration. The users can sign into MyBB and Drupal with the same choosen username and password.

This plugin also comes with a site to add all your allready registered users to drupal, they just have to visit the drupal_userregistration.php and after that they can sign into Drupal with their MyBB username as login name and password (It's not possible to get the password from MyBB).
Demo: -
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.6.x, Drupal version 6.x
Adds files: yes
Changes files: no
Adds templates: no
Changes templates: no
Adds to database: no
Changes database: no

Screenshots:

Settings

Download for subscribers:

.zip   Drupal registration.zip (Size: 4.03 KB / Downloads: 77)
With downloading this plugin you agree with the [Image: external.png]license rules.
Forum Admin
(08-19-2010, 04:26 AM)Lennart Wrote: This has been ported successfully to MyBB 1.6:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-1292.html
THANK YOU for taking care of that quickly!

I just tested it out... Signed into MyBB with my test user, then opened the drupal_userregistration.php page. It indicated that the action was successful.

I went to my Drupal login page and tried to log in, and continue to get bad password errors. I logged in w/ my admin user, and the test user was in fact created. I reset the password (to what it already should have been, because that password was working fine in MyBB), and then I was able to log into Drupal with the test user.

Does it matter what version of Drupal is being used? I am on Drupal 6.19. I have things set so only admins can create new accounts, since I don't want people to sign up for a Drupal account and not be able to use that in the MyBB forum.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Jay
(08-19-2010, 04:47 AM)Jayfore Wrote:
(08-19-2010, 04:26 AM)Lennart Wrote: This has been ported successfully to MyBB 1.6:
http://www.mybbaddons.com/board/thread-1292.html
THANK YOU for taking care of that quickly!

No problem, moved your post.

(08-19-2010, 04:47 AM)Jayfore Wrote: I just tested it out... Signed into MyBB with my test user, then opened the drupal_userregistration.php page. It indicated that the action was successful.

I went to my Drupal login page and tried to log in, and continue to get bad password errors. I logged in w/ my admin user, and the test user was in fact created. I reset the password (to what it already should have been, because that password was working fine in MyBB), and then I was able to log into Drupal with the test user.

Does it matter what version of Drupal is being used? I am on Drupal 6.19. I have things set so only admins can create new accounts, since I don't want people to sign up for a Drupal account and not be able to use that in the MyBB forum.

Thanks for any help you can give!

Jay
Maybe they are now salting the passwords in 6.19, I do not use Drupal for myself.
Have there been changes to the password creating method of Dupal? You might have to check for an older version then.

Best regards
Lennart Sauter
Forum Admin
(08-19-2010, 04:26 AM)Lennart Wrote:
(08-19-2010, 04:47 AM)Jayfore Wrote: I went to my Drupal login page and tried to log in, and continue to get bad password errors. I logged in w/ my admin user, and the test user was in fact created. I reset the password (to what it already should have been, because that password was working fine in MyBB), and then I was able to log into Drupal with the test user.

Maybe they are now salting the passwords in 6.19, I do not use Drupal for myself. Have there been changes to the password creating method of Dupal? You might have to check for an older version then.
I'm not sure if password handling has changed in Drupal (I have posted a question in the Drupal forums) -- what version was your plugin tested with? Is there anything I can do to help this to be corrected? Downgrading Drupal is not really a desirable or permanent solution. If it would help, I would be happy to set up a test site for you.

Two other questions, not related to the issue outlined above:
  1. What happens if/when a user changes their password in MyBB? There would be a password mismatch, I assume. Could the plugin be enhanced, or a complementary plugin developed, that would automatically run a MyBB --> Drupal password sync script after MyBB password change has occurred?
  2. Could a means be created for an admin to run a batch process that would go out and create all users in Drupal that are not already there? This would be a very handy tool.
  3. Related to the previous bullet, could a similar means be created for an admin to sync all Drupal passwords with MyBB passwords (in the case that a user has changed their MyBB password)? Another handy tool.
I appreciate your work on the plugin, and porting it so quickly, but I hope that this issue can be corrected.
Lennart, which version of Drupal is this plugin known to work with? I have attached the changelog, but knowing which version last worked would be helpful. Also, how about my other questions above? Thank you.

Attached Files
.txt   drupal_changelog_6x.txt (Size: 10.29 KB / Downloads: 8)
I dont understand.

Now I have only mybb with 3.500 users...if install drupal registration my old user can login with their username and password?
If you redirect them to the site included, yes. But I think a batch conversion as Jayfore said would be much more useful!

@Jayfore: Version was tested with 6.12. They had a lot of security changes but the plugin should still work as the password generation wasn't touched as far as I saw it.
Forum Admin
i cant sincronize the user for mybb on drupal
Hello caygri, where are you stuck?
Forum Admin
Lennart,

Just wanted to let you know that the plugin is working now. I didn't change anything to make it work, but it started working -- the new user password from MyBB 1.6 works perfectly in Drupal 6.19.

Now, to maximize the usefulness of this plugin...

1.)
What happens if/when a user changes their password in MyBB? There would be a password mismatch, I assume. Could the plugin be enhanced, or a complementary plugin developed, that would automatically run a MyBB --> Drupal password sync script after MyBB password change has occurred?

2.) [updated since my original posting]
Could a means be created for an admin to run a batch process that would go out and create all users in Drupal that are not already there? Also to delete any Drupal accounts that no longer exist in MyBB? Optional checkboxes for each item would be cool -- for more flexibility.

3.)
Related to the previous bullet, could a similar means be created for an admin to sync all Drupal passwords with MyBB passwords (in the case that a user has changed their MyBB password)? Another handy tool.

You mentioned before (via PM) that you have been extremely busy, but you would put this on your to-do list... Just wondering if you have had a chance to look at it again?

Thanks for all that you do!

Jay