Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suggestion is for Administrator Control Panel
I still don't have persmissions to post a new thread in the subscription, so I'll post it here so someone can move it Toungue THANKS! Smile

Suggestion is for Administrator Control Panel:

Taking a look around the admin control panel I've noticed a few things here and there. Now, this plugin would require alot of work and time, but I think it's a very good Idea. For sites that contain more than one administrator and/or troubled moderators, this plugin would be ideal.

The idea is to add a a section to the ACP which does the following:

Allows the administrators (or could specify only one administrator access or a specific group) to be able to

a) see a log of all changes made in the admin control panel made by which administrator did this (not just what they DID but also every link they clicked on and every tab they accessed).

b) add's an "undo" option for the administrator(s) who are allowed to access this panel to not only see exactly what code in a template or file changed by whatever administrator was but also to be able to make modifications and changes to the code in another window to either add or subtract from the "Undo" process. So not only could you opt to just undo the changes made, but also see the original code, compare it with the code changed, as well as make changes to either code and submit it as the official "undo" code.

c) make reports for administrators to be reviewed by other administrators to see their activity of a specified time and export them.

d) adds more security to the administrator's access to the admin panel, including password requirements for certain sections of the admin CP.

Well, that's about all I've come up with so far, but I'd like to see if this might maybe be a good idea for an additional plugin for the admin control planet.
I think it's pretty complicated to make plugins for the Admin CP and in fact, I have no idea how to do it right now...

But I'll comment your request for further use:

a) Their actions are always logged, why would you like to logg every accessed page?
That would blow up the database in a horrible way, I usually access 300 pages in Admin CP / day and my Co-Admin has arround 50 pageviews in ACP / day.

b) I think this are mainly template changes... you can export your theme always and reinsert it - or revert changed sections. You can also view the differences between the template versions.

c) I don't get that point, sorry. Can you explain it closer to me?

d) You can set admin permissions via the panel very accurat - you can specify the rights for viewing one section for every admin. Why would you like to have a password that can be lost, given to someone else and so on?

I'm quite sure that a plugin like you wish it can be done but I myself found it a bit useless, sorry.
I think if somebody would go for this one he should maybe take a look into Wiki-engines like the mediawiki engine for point b) (different versions saved).

No idea about the others though...

Kind regards
Lennart Sauter

PS: Thread moved to requests Smile
Forum Admin