You must be a subscriber to download! Subscribe now

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Additional forum description
Name: Additional forum description
Description: You can insert an additional forum description for each of your forums that will be shown at the top of the forum display. Can be used as advertising, to show images, as mini cms or for general infos or rules.
You can use HTML inside..
Comes with settings for the user groups who shall not see the additional forum descriptions.

ATTENTION! This is my first (and hopefully the last) plugin that does require core files to be edited. I added two lines of code inside an ACP file, check the readme for further information!

Demo: MybbAddons.com, soon Zaiendo.de too.
Version: 1.0
Compatibility: 1.4.x
Adds files: yes
Changes files: yes
Adds templates: no
Changes templates: yes
Adds to database: no
Changes database: yes

Screenshots:

Edit the additional forum description

Examples of usage

Settings

Download for subscribers:

.zip   Additional forum description.zip (Size: 25.07 KB / Downloads: 22)
With downloading this plugin you agree with the [Image: external.png]license rules.
Forum Admin
No, my plugin is different. Read it again "Additional forum description".
Additional means a second one - I can't display such an ammount of text inside the index page under the forum.

So there is no such free version available since this does require a lot of coding.
Forum Admin
Very nice, it should come in handy for those instances where you need to mention something related to a particular section of the forum and don't want to clutter the index with it.
Thanks, yes I also thought this way.

I'll use it for a better CMS - Forum connection at Zaiendo.de after the redesign.
Forum Admin
great addon - thanks lennart