Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Install runkit
If you need runkit for the [Image: external.png]wordpress connection plugin and the [Image: external.png]functions test did show runkit as not installed, this might be working for you.

Installation for linux:

(11-30-2014, 09:54 PM)zocster Wrote: Okay, here we go,

1. Download and run Putty.exe (SSH) [Image: external.png]link
2. Login to your server either root or cpanel.

Code:
You are not allowed to see code.

If accessing 'root' doesn't work for you, try typing the command once you entered as cpanel user
"sudo su -"

3. Now, you are logged as 'root'. We are now able to install runkit inside SSH. Just type the following below:

Code:

Then, add this to php.ini:
extension=runkit.so

Restart your Apache server
service httpd restart

That's it! Now, run a test if everything is fine via
http://yourdomain.com/forums/functions_test.php

Cheers! Cool

(01-15-2015, 03:57 AM)MePiikan LzBolaz Wrote: Just to add a small note to this. If by any chance you get a "-bash: git: command not found" error, type the following while logged in as root to install git before continuing.

Code:

Installation for windows server 2012 / 2012 R2:
Copy the fitting php_runkit-*.dll to your php/ext folder and enable the extension in your php.ini
Forum Admin
Instructions for Ubuntu server and nginx:

Install runkit:
Code:

Install CURL:
Code:

Clean-up:
Code:

This should get you up and running.
This does not seem to work for me! putty crashes and code running on linux not use to this could you help with this?
Which server configuration are you on? Ubuntu and Apache?
Forum Admin
(07-06-2015, 06:48 PM)Lennart Wrote: Which server configuration are you on? Ubuntu and Apache?

Linux
Register (for free) to hide the ads.
Did you try both tutorials above? Do you have admin/root access to your server?
Forum Admin
I only have cpanel access my host wont do this i already asked
I don't think that you'll be able to install runkit on your host in this case. Switch to a VPS if you need it.
Forum Admin
(07-07-2015, 08:52 AM)Lennart Wrote: I don't think that you'll be able to install runkit on your host in this case. Switch to a VPS if you need it.

1. Download and run Putty.exe (SSH) [Image: external.png][Image: external.png]link

you did mention that root or cpanel? so it not possible through cpanel as I'm already on cpanel 
(07-07-2015, 08:06 PM)Scarface007 Wrote:
(07-07-2015, 08:52 AM)Lennart Wrote: I don't think that you'll be able to install runkit on your host in this case. Switch to a VPS if you need it.

1. Download and run Putty.exe (SSH) [Image: external.png][Image: external.png]link

you did mention that root or cpanel? so it not possible through cpanel as I'm already on cpanel 

I'm not sure if every cpanel user has sudo rights too. The tutorial is written by zocster, maybe he is able to give us a better explanation?
Forum Admin
Need professional support? PRinguin, the Digital-Agency. For web design and online marketing.
Register (for free) to hide the ads.